Protests against the Spain monarchy and against government cuts, during the annual awards ceremony of the Prince of Asturias, Oviedo, Spain, October 2012.
Abolished Monarchies in Europe:
- The House of Romanov (Russian Empire, until 1917) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Romanov
- The House of Savoy (Italy, until 1946) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Savoy
- The House of Glücksburg (Greece, until 1974) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Gl%C3%BCcksburg
European Monarchies currently questioned:
- The House of Bourbon (Spain) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Bourbon
- House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (Belgium) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Saxe-Coburg_and_Gotha
- The House of Orange-Nassau (Netherlands) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Orange-Nassau
- The House of Windsor (United Kingdom)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor
“Referendum on monarchy in Italy,1946”
Luciano Casali / Roberta Mira – University of Bolonia, Italy.
“Referendum on monarchy in Greece, 1974“
George Georgakopoulos/Journalist of “Kathimerini” Atenian newspaper.
“Ten Reasons to overthrow the Spanish monarchy” S. Vázquez Covelo – Republican activist.
“Felipe V to Felipe VI: The Catalonia people’s struggle”
Francesc Xavier Hernández / Historian. University of Barcelona.
No one had spoken openly in Spain about the Monarchy Referendums in Greece and Italy … until now!
Read it, comment it, and share it!